Contact Lenses Explained.
Why try contact lenses?
Whether you want a fresh look, the freedom to be more active or if you want all round vision with no restriction, contact lenses are an excellent alternative to glasses.
This handy tool will help you find out what types of contact lenses are right for you and the benefits which they can bring. Please note that the following information is for guideline purposes only and is not intended to substitute professional advice.
Daily disposables are used to correct short or long sightedness. They're the healthiest and most convenient way to wear contact lenses. They give you a fresh, clear lens every day, with no need for solutions. They're ideal for when you don’t want to wear glasses – either occasionally, part-time or every day.
Monthly contact lenses and two-weekly contact lenses are used to correct short or long sightedness. They're for daily wear, but rather than dispose of them at the end of the day you clean, then store them in a contact lens case until you wear them again. Some of these contact lenses can also be slept in. They're ideal if you are looking for the most economical lenses. They should be replaced every two or four weeks with a new pair.
Astigmatism is a common condition that affects many people – children as well as adults. It is caused by the shape of your eye and results in blurry or distorted vision at all distances, varying with the strength of the astigmatism. Astigmatic contact lenses are specially designed to fit the shape of astigmatic eyes. They are available as daily or reusable contact lenses.
As you get older presbyopia is a condition that affects almost everyone. The lens of your eye becomes less flexible making it harder to adjust you focus from far to near objects, this makes reading more difficult. We have the technology in multifocal contact lenses that allow you to see both near and far.
Brands we carry
- Johnson & Johnson
- Ciba Vision
And for those feeling a little more adventurous why not try our FRESHLOOK COLOUR contact lenses. Go to http://www.freshlookcontacts.com/ to see a range of colours.
From the best in basic single vision lens to the most advanced progressive lens designs. Using the latest applications of free-form technology, Optical Outlet Direct has the lenses that meet your precise needs. Our vast array product selection is provided by the world leaders in lens manufacturing Essilor (France).
Our product range
- Single vision - (for reading only and distance only vision)
Available in all materials (1.5, 1.53, 1.55, 1.6, 1.67, 1.71)
- Bifocals - (incorporating distance with reading)
Available materials (1.5, 1.53, 1.6) with all current bifocal designs
- Variable Readers (incorporating intermediate with reading without and visible line)
Available materials (1.5, 1.6)
- Progressive lenses – (incorporating reading, intermediate, and reading without any visible line)
Available in all material (1.5, 1.53, 1.55, 1.6, 1.67, 1.71)
- Latest generation progressive lens designs (incorporating free-form technology)
In addition to our broad lens selection Optical Outlet Direct also supplies an extensive range of contact lenses and solutions, including daily, weekly and monthly Disposal, Bifocal/Progressive Lenses and Toric for Astigmatism
- Prescription glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses can be claimed directly in our store for almost all health funds using the HICAPS system. Your health insurance rebate can be claimed on-the-spot to receive your benefits straight away and hassle free.
- Eligible Medicare cardholders can have an eye test bulk billed by one of our optometrists. So it won’t cost you a thing. Contact us for an appointment today!